OUTLINE

1914 Established as Yagi Farm Tools at 23 Ohashi-machi, Takasaki.
1924 Relocated to Tsurumi-cho and reorganized as a partnership company YAGI INDUSTRIES.
1956 Main office is relocated to Namie-machi. New factory is established.
1960 Second factory is established at Shimokotori-machi, Takasaki.
1961 Incorporated with Capital of 5 million yen.
1963 Main office is relocated to Shimokotori-machi, Takasaki.
1965 Capital is increased to 10 million yen.
1966 New forging line in the first main factory; a new press line, capacity of 1,600 tons, and a sequential annealing furnace are installed. Capital is increased to 30 million yen.
Designated as Gunma Prefecture's smaller business model factory.
1968 New factory is established at 3121 Kuragano-machi, Takasaki. Main factory is relocated.
1970 Renamed to YAGI INDUSTRIES CO., LTD. Capital is increased to 45 million yen.
1975 Second forging factory is established at a new extension of the main factory.
Forging press of 1,600 tons (line 5) , 2,500 tons (line 6) , and a sequential annealing furnace (No. 4 furnace) are added. Capital is increased to 49.5 million yen.
1977 Forging press of 1,600 tons (line 7) is added at main factory. Capital is increased to 59.5 million yen.
1981 Designated as a smaller business rationalized model factory.
An automated forging press (line 9), capacity of 1,800 tons, is added at main factory.
1984 An automated forging press (line 10), capacity of 3,000 tons, a hot multistage former (line 11), an automatic sphere annealing furnace , and a shot blast machine are added at main factory.
Capital is increased to 77.22 million yen.
1987 Main office (2-story Ferro-concrete building) is remodeled.
1988 An automatic forging press (line 12), capacity of 1,600 tons and two diesel generators of 1,500kW each are added at main factory. Capital is increased to 88.88 million yen.
1990 An automatic forging line (line 13), capacity of 2,500 tons, is added at the main factory.
1991 A shearing machine, capacity 380 tons is added and a forging press (line 7), capacity 1,600 tons, is renewed.
1992 First machining center is established at main factory.
1993 Second machining center is added at main factory.
1994 A NC lathe (TF20) is installed at main factory.
A gate type-machining center is installed at main factory.
1995 An automatic forging press (line 14), capacity 2,500 tons and a NC lathe are added at main factory.
1997 NC machining factory (M3) is established at main factory.
2001 An automatic forging press (line 15), capacity of 3,800 tons and a shearing machine, capacity 450 tons, are added at main factory.
Acquisition of [ISO 9001:1994] Certification.
2003 Acquisition of [ISO 9001:2000] Certification. Machining Line for HUB (4 lines) are installed in M3 Plant.
Yagi Poland Factory (YPF) was established in Zarow, Poland.
2007 Acquisition of [ISO 14001:2000] Certification.
Machining Line for HUB (2 lines) are installed in M2 Plan.
2008 NSK-Yagi Precision Forging (Zhangjiagang) Co., Ltd. (NYF) was established in Zhangjiagang, China.
2010 An automatic forging press (line 16), capacity of 4,000 tons is added at F4 factory.
2011 A large ring rolling mill and a hydraulic press are added.
2014 Ceremony of the 100th anniversary in business was celebrated on March 1.

OUR JOURNEY

Founding Period (1914)

Agricultural equipment manufacturing company is born in Takasaki
Agricultural equipment manufacturing company is born in Takasaki
Founder Tomijiro Yagi was born on May 17, 1897, in Kamikobana-machi, Takasaki City (formerly Rokugo Village, Gunma District) and established Yagi Farm Tools at 23 Ohashi-machi in March 1914. The location was right next to what is now JR Kita-Takasaki Station. In May 1884, service began between Ueno Station and Takasaki Station, and in October of the same year, the service extended to Yokokawa Station. Just 2.4 km from Takasaki Station, Iizuka Station (renamed Kita-Takasaki Station in 1919) was opened in October of the following year. This was because, in addition to passengers, cargo was expected to be collected and distributed here where Mikuni Kaido intersects. In fact, there was a large warehouse to the north of the station. Tomijiro Yagi established the company so close to the station because it was expected to be convenient for shipping materials and products.

Reconstruction Period (1946)

Launching out of ashes, hit products are born
Launching out of ashes, hit products are born
Tomijiro Yagi changed the company name to YAGI INDUSTRIES and began reconstruction efforts in 1946 shortly after the war ended. The company began manufacturing agricultural equipment and the manufacture and sale of Yagi smoked charcoal equipment. In 1949, the plant was relocated to 71 Ohashi-machi near Kita-Takasaki, and in the following year, a casting plant was opened at 62 Namie-machi. In 1956, the head office was also relocated here.

Reform Period (1960)

Moving from Namie-machi to Shimokotori-machi
Moving from Namie-machi to Shimokotori-machi
In 1960, a second plant was constructed at 1060 Shimokotori-machi, and in March 1961 the company was reorganized into a stockholder-owned company with a capital of 5 million yen, changing the company's name to YAGI INDUSTRIES CO., LTD., and Akira Yagi became company president. Business dealings with NSK started around this time, bringing the company's business into a period of dramatic change. In 1963, the head office was relocated from Namie-machi to Shimokotori-machi.

Growth Period (1961)

Entry into forging business paves way for growth
Entry into forging business paves way for growth
1961 was a year to remember, holding special significance in YAGI INDUSTRIES' history. It was in this year that business with NSK began, laying the foundation for reaching the milestone of 100 years in business. Around this time, Akira Yagi visited the United States and, seeing first-hand that every household had a car, he discovered a means of survival in fields related to the automotive industry. Business dealings with NSK began with processing of bearings. Bearings are an important automotive part, with each vehicle at the time containing 30 to 50 bearings. If the use of cars spread to the general public, there was the potential for explosive growth of the business.

Rapid Progress Period (1968)

Relocation to Kuragano and rapid progress
Relocation to Kuragano and rapid progress
Fortuitously, the company was able to acquire an enormous 42,200 ㎡ site in the Kuragano Daido Minami Industrial Park (3121 Kuragano-machi, Takasaki City) and relocate its plant and head office there in 1968. At the time, Shimokotori Plant had already run out of room for additional equipment, so there was limited potential for further expanding the business. The decision to relocate to Kuragano where the company was able to acquire a large site turned out to be epoch-making for YAGI INDUSTRIES. If the biggest starting point for the growth that the company has enjoyed to this day was the launch of business dealings with NSK, then the endeavor into the forging business was the second step, and the third key turning point was relocating to Kuragano.

Expansion Period (1975)

Expansion Period (1975)
Prolonged recession and achievement of improvement in quality
The late 1950s to early 1960s were a time when the forging industry was actively introducing the advanced technology of the United States and advanced European countries, but by the late 1960s, a mass production system was established to support motorization, and Japan passed West Germany to become No. 2 in the world. After this mass production era, by the late 1970s, Japan was producing top-level results in terms of technology as well. In 1975, the Small and Medium Enterprise Modernization Council issued the “Report on the State of Technological Development in the Forged Products Manufacturing Industry,” which called for improvements in pollution prevention, resource saving, energy saving, labor saving, etc., ushering in an age where efforts to create harmony between production and the environment were emphasized. Beginning in 1985 there was global competition in terms of quality, quantity, and price. This was a time when efforts to combine technologies and reduce costs through the use of computers advanced rapidly. At this time, efforts were launched on net shape forging, which forms complex parts into their final shape without scraping or adding heat like with precision forging and gear tooth forging. Starting from this period, the acceleration of globalization began to boost, encouraging the progress of these technologies.

Progressive Period (2003)

Global expansion
Global expansion
The decision was made in 2003 to establish a plant overseas. A 40,000 m² site was secured in Zarow, Poland and started Yagi Poland Factory (YPF). Additionally, in January 2008, NSK-Yagi Precision Forging (Zhangjiagang) Co., Ltd. (NYF) was established in Zhangjiagang, China as a joint venture with NSK. In 2010, a 4,000-ton press, the company's largest, and a large rolling machine for secondary forming were installed. Two induction hardening machines were also installed for machining, and manufacturing of machined products with higher added value was begun.